Tuesday, November 16, 2010

OMG I MIGHT Actually Be Getting Into The Christmas Spirit...


Okay, for those of you out there who don't know me here's a little bit of information for you. I can not stand it when Christmas things happen before Thanksgiving. By Christmas things I mean, the decorating, the music, the advertising in the stores (commercials I expect). The only thing Christmas like that I don't mind happening before Thanksgiving is getting my shopping done.
Well, this year might be different. We went to Bass Pro Shop last Friday, they had all of their Christmas decorations out. UGH! I was so annoyed.
It was pouring rain, my umbrella broke, and then I have to step into a place that crams Christmas down your throat before Thanksgiving even hits. Pretty soon we're just just going to shove Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas together that way we can get all of the advertising done at once. We'll call it "Hallgivingmas" where we'll put spiders on the pilgrims turkey and place Santa next to it.
Okay, on with my story. Now that I've got that out of my system...we went into Bass Pro Shop and BAM! they might as well smack you over the head with a Christmas tree. I was just about to gripe about it while taking off my coat and then working on Claire's. I looked at her and she was in awe of this Christmas tree. Her whole face was lit up like, well, like a Christmas tree. She pointed and said "Wow Momma!".
Right then and there my heart grew. I pictured that scene from the animated version of the Grinch. You know the one where they take the X-ray machine and watch his heart grow when he discovers the Christmas spirit. Well, I think that mine might have done a smaller version of that.
So, here I am, getting in the Christmas spirit BEFORE Thanksgiving. What's wrong with me?! What have I turned into?! It's not because I'm a mom is it?! I'll have to think that one through. So, until next time, God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment