Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Truethful Tuesday...

Okay. Today is my truth blog. You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! All right....the truth is that I went to my Weight Watchers meeting, fully expecting the scale to say "Get off fatty! If you're not going to follow the plan why in the heck are you here?!" The reason why I walked in there thinking that is this weekend. Usually I'll dip into my points allowance a little bit. This weekend though I emptied the thing. It wasn't pretty.
I was busy cleaning all day saturday and only had 1 cake donut and half a sandwhich. Well, by the time that I sat down in the evening I realized that I was STARVING! Or at least that's what my blood sugar and tummy were telling me. So what did I do? Did I eat a senseable snack before dinner, like fruit or something? Heck no! I ate everything in site. I fixed mac' and cheese with hot dog slices in it for C-Bear and I ended up scarfing down what I didn't give her. Then I fixed myslef a cheese quesidilla, ate it, and still had a whole t-bone steak with mashed potatoes and corn. So yes....I over ate, BIG TIME. Needless to say I was nervous about stepping on the scales today.
The moment of truth was upon me, took off my shoes, stepped on the scale and my eyes wer transfxed to my weight tracker. Was she going to mark a little (big fat) plus sign, or was she going to mark the minus sign that I so desperatly wanted to see. It seemed like it took her forever to read the scale display. Finally, she marked down....-0.6. What?! I lost?! Yeah!
So, just goes to show; it IS possible to totally empty the points allowance and lose. Granted, you shouldn't expect a big loss, but hey, It's a step (no matter how small) in the right direction. So until next time, God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment