Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh Netie Pot....

How I love you so. Okay, I tried it. I went to a local health food store and purchased one of these things. I had seen it on The Price of Beauty and thought, "I should get one of those.". So that's just what I did.
First of all a little bit about my allergies. I HATE them, with a passion. They say at the doctors office "You just have seasonal allergies." They lie. I have allergies all year round, indoor and outdoor. So I am constantly searching for things to help my poor nose.
This is natural, and it worked for me. Granted I've only used it once, but I think that I might be hooked.
You fill it with warm water and non-iodized salt (about 1/4 teaspoon) tilt you head to the side, stick the spout in your nostril and pour.
It took me a couple of seconds to tilt my head just right so that the water would drain into my other nostril instead of down my throat. But once I got it right and then switched to do the other nostril and did an exhale through my nose.....MAGIC! I usually have a hard time breathing through my nose at night. (Most of the time only 1 nostril at a time will work.) Last night I had no problem. I will be using this again.
So, on with my healthier me life-style. I'm only drinking soda on the weekends, trying to be more active (although not succeeding all of the time), and doing natural remedies where possible (hence, the netie pot). I've already lost 6 pounds, which brings me down to 150 and a BMI of 24.2. It's in the higher range of the "normal weight" zone, but I want it lower. I have just 15 more pounds to go!
So, for those of you out there trying to be healthier; You can do it! So, until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment