Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Clean up at register 1...

Last night was AWESOME! I fixed chicken fried steak, cleaned the house a little bit, even got some laundry done. After I had Claire in bed and the husband off to work I put a roast with potato, carrots, and onion in the crock pot for tonight's dinner. After all of that I had a glass of wine and took myself a bubble bath. It was a good night.
Today it's a little bit harder to find the blessings. There were so many this morning. I got up, had breakfast and coffee, and Chris got Claire up and around. Got to work and everything was normal....until lunch break.
I had to stop at the store to get some things that I missed yesterday. I was making good time, I had everything (at least I think that I got everything) that I needed. I went to put this huge plastic jar of spaghetti sauce on the counter and it slipped out of my hands, (the lid hit the edge of the counter on the way down,) and busted all over my shoe and the bottom of my pant leg. (Anyone know what will take spaghetti sauce out of clothes???? Anyone???)
I stood there, spaghetti sauce all over my shoe, trying my best not to cry. The woman in front of me was so sweet, she picked up the jar for me and tried to scrape a little bit of it off of my shoe. "What a day huh?" I could not agree more.
The blessing; at least the spaghetti sauce is on the bottom of my pant leg. I have a feeling that I'm going to be tired of the smell by the end of the day though. Hopefully the rest of the day goes better. Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment